Whether you want to purchase Now or in the next 12 months, there are things you can do today to prepare:
1. Find out what you can afford: Generally you can afford 2 to 3 times your annual income, but there are many factors that go into your home affordability calculation, like…How much can you put down? Does your income qualify? How’s your credit?
2. Develop your wish list: Create a free account at www.revolhomes.com and save your favorites homes.
3. Select where you want to live: Compile a list of three or four neighborhoods you’d like to live in, taking into account items such as schools, recreational facilities, area expansion plans, and safety.
4. Get your credit in order: Our preferred lenders can pull your credit to make sure it’s accurate and to correct any errors immediately. Most lenders prefer at least a 600 score. If your score is below 600 than our preferred lenders will make recommendations to fix your score.
5. Get a Free Financial Snapshot: The snap-shot answers your financial questions. How much does it cost to buy a home? Do you qualify for any special mortgage or down payment assistance programs? Or, if you have an IRA account, you can use the money you’ve saved to buy your first home without paying a penalty for early withdrawal. The average home buyer puts 3.5% – 10% down on a home.
6. Talk to a Realtor: A realtor will be your guide through the entire process. The Sebeck Team has full time agents available 7 days a week and buyers agent are no cost to hire.
Contact us today so we can get you started on your journey of homeownership!